Australia's most experienced
team of city cycling experts.
Providing excellence in cycle training and
consulting services to organisations and individuals.
- SERVICES & COURSES
- BIKE WISDOM
DirectorPatrick is a passionate man and there’s nothing he’s more passionate about than cycling and bicycles.
Patrick (along with Jo) set up BikeWise in December 2008 with the aim to teach and support as many Sydney-siders as possible to be competent on street cyclists.
Patrick is the driving force of BikeWise. His enthusiasm for his subject means that BikeWise has developed excellent comprehensive programs for all types of cycle training. From adults looking to commute, to young kids needing skills, to older wobblers and more, Patrick has tailor made programs to benefit.
Patrick’s degree in Town Planning, his Bachelor of Education and his lifelong love of riding make for the perfect background for running BikeWise. With 20 bicycle in the garage, he thinks he has the best job in the world!
The variety of his cycling achievements over the years means he’s dipped his toe in many cycling waters. This means he has an insight of cycling at many levels which provides him with a broad platform of experience from which to work.
Patrick has always cycled for transport, loving the freedom it affords and the time it saves (especially at his pace!).
Some of his other 2-wheeled achievements include:
- Working as a primary school teacher and Cycle Instructor in London.
- Longtime member of Randwick Botany CC, racing regularly at Heffron Park. (Three times Club Champion!)
- Professional racing for a team in Chile.
- 10 years working as bicycle messenger in Perth and Sydney.
- National Penny Farthing Champion… twice!
- Bicycle mechanic and store manager at bicycle rental in Amsterdam, Dam Stratt Rent-a-Bike
Bicycle of Choice"There's too many to mention.
Preferably something recycled!"
Favourite Bicycle Accessory"Mudguards"